2017 PATH INTL. WORKSHOPS
Registered Instructor Workshop & Certification: May 17-19 (Workshop) May 19-20 (Certification)
ESMHL Workshop and Skills Test: October 25-27 (Workshop) October 28 (Skills Test)
As a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center, Hearts & Horses looks forward to opening up our facility to host these outstanding educational workshops and certification experiences.
Registered Instructor Workshop & Certification
PATH INTL. INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS
PATH Intl. offers three levels of Certification for therapeutic riding: Registered, Advanced and Master. In order to become a PATH Intl. Certified Registered Instructor, a candidate must successfully complete the two phases of the Registered Certification process. For additional information on this process, please refer to PATH Intl. – http://www.pathintl.org/resources-education/certifications/riding
HEARTS & HORSES INSTRUCTOR-IN-TRAINING PROGRAM
Hearts & Horses accepts 1-2 candidates annually in our instructor-in-training mentoring program. To be considered, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Volunteer at Hearts & Horses for a minimum of 6 months, with a minimum of 30 documented volunteer arena hours.
- Must have strong equestrian/riding skills – able to ride a variety of horses at the walk, trot and canter, as demonstrated by a mounted riding evaluation conducted at Hearts & Horses.
- Complete Phase One of the Registered Instructor certification process via PATH Intl.
- Attend a Registered Instructor Workshop at Hearts & Horses (approximately 1 year prior to certification)
- Sign Hearts & Horses Instructor-in-Training (IT) agreement and pay fee. Cost: $350
- Complete Phase Two (including minimum of 25 hours supervised instruction at Hearts & Horses)
- Attend Registered Level Instructor Certification at Hearts & Horses. We also strongly recommend auditing the workshop prior to certification.
ESMHL Workshop and Skills Test
The Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning (ESMHL) workshop is a three-day workshop, followed by a day skills testing, that is offered to equine professionals and therapeutic riding instructors who work or would like to work with students with mental health and/or learning issues. The workshop also benefits those who work with mental health or education professionals, helping to enhance cooperation and provide a more complete experience.
This workshop will give an overview of PATH Intl. standards and core values, and provide overviews of EFL and EFP programs and examples of what EFL or EFP sessions will look like. In addition, ESMHL workshops will detail the role the equine specialist is meant to play in a session, offer lesson role plays and hands-on experience, and discuss the therapy and education teams and the importance of the equine professional’s role in maintaining the safety of all in the team – particularly the equine partner.