Get Started Volunteering at Hearts and Horses!
Orientation: All volunteers must attend an Orientation before being able to volunteer in any capacity at Hearts & Horses. Please download the volunteer paperwork from the bottom of the page and bring it to the Orientation. Please bring a photo ID with you to the Orientation.
Upcoming Orientation Date(s):
Thursday, March 23rd: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Friday, April 7th: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, April 18th: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, May 3rd: 2:00-3:00 pm
Training: Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities. See the training dates below to sign up for an upcoming date!
Barn Team: We will cover location of cleaning supplies, turn in/turn out procedures, proper haltering technique and understanding horse behavior! Rachel teaches this Training.
Class Volunteers: All volunteers interested in helping in classes must attend a Specific Training.
- Side Walker: Sign up for this hands-on training above. We will cover emergency dismounts, helmet fitting and PATH requirements in this two hour training.Various Instructors teach this Training.
- Horse Leader: Sign up for this hands-on training above. We will certify you to tack up our horses and lead them during the classes. A horse handling assessment is given to all potential horse leaders. The Horse Handler Assessment must be passed with "exceeding expectations" on the benchmarks listed on the checklist in order to become certified and help in classes. Various Instructors teach this Training.
- Changing Leads Program Volunteer: In order to work in the Changing Leads classes, you must attend this additional training after becoming a certified Horse Leader. Sign up for this training above. Tamara teaches this Training.
Upcoming Training Dates:
BARN TEAM TRAINING:
- Saturday, April 8th: 2:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday, May 6th: 2:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday, June 3rd: 2:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday, July 2nd: 2:00-3:00 pm
HORSE LEADER TRAINING:
- Monday, April 3rd: 10:00-1:00 pm
- Thursday, April 20th: 12:00-3:00 pm
SIDE WALKER TRAINING:
- Wednesday, April 5th: 12:00-2:00 pm
- Monday, April 17th: 8:00-10:00 am
CHANGING LEADS TRAINING:
- Friday, March 31st: 1:00 pm-3:00 pm