A long-range plan was created to gain capital so that Hearts & Horses could acquire its own land and riding facility. In the fall of 1998, the present ranch property became available for purchase. After many hours of work and research on financing options, a lease-purchase contract was made with a local developer. Hearts & Horses moved in to its own facility on June 8, 1999! Because of the efforts of volunteers throughout the community who donated their time renovating the site, classes were able to resume September 20, 1999.
During 1998 our classes served 64 clients; in 1999 our classes served 98 clients despite the ranch move and renovation. Over the years Hearts & Horses has grown considerably. In 2012 our amazing volunteers (over 1300 of them!) logged approximately 26,700 hours and served over 700 participants. Hearts & Horses is truly powered by volunteers